This has been an interesting beginning of a journey
…Jeremiah take note of the effect here….
After EMC joined the blogosphere everyone wanted to throw their opinions around and start an in-depth conversation with EMC. There of course have been critics, complaints, and general misgivings….but EMC’s employees have maintained a stron customer centric response and they continue to ask for more! Now that is community. From what I’ve seen from Dell, Intel, & HDS’s experiences jumping in, not all companies handle it the same. We should be glad we followed in HDS’s footsteps and proud of our corporate resources listening (despite endless prompting).
EMC has handled the introduction well. Chuck knows what blogging is about and makes me want to work in alliances (he makes it sound so exciting)!!
There of course are some things that need work….
- Mark needs to enable comments (then again Chuck should let more then “the best” through)
- StorageZilla needs to get his real name up there (especially since everyone already knows who he is)
- EMC Corporate needs a blog landing page
- The RSA podcast needs to expand to EMC (including alliances, engineering, solutions, etc)
- EMC Conferences and behaviors need to embrace bloggers more closely
Then again, these things come in time and are learned (We all have learned a few things since we started blogging)….